Home Buying, 15 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Real Estate Agent
Home buying, the single largest investment of homes for sale that many will make in their life time. If this is not your area of expertise, why gamble and do this on your own. Find a Realtor that is familiar with Atlanta area real estate and homes for sale in the surrounding areas. Check out this blog renting vs buying if you are not sure if you are ready to purchase a home yet.
When Home Buying, Never Buy Without a Realtor
Realtors have the resources to help you find your dream home. When beginning the home buying process qualifying for a home loan should be the first step. Your real estate agent can help you locate a mortgage lender to be pre-approved for a home mortgage loan. Once that is out of the way, we are ready to find that right piece of real estate for you.
Be careful when looking at the top end of your price point. All too often in this market of low inventory, we are seeing many offers on the same property. If you are at the top end of your price range, you will not be able to raise your offer. This is important when competing against the other offers. Remember there is NO perfect home, and procrastination can cost you the home that you want.
No matter where the home is in the Greater Atlanta, Georgia area, your Realtor can help. It does not matter if the home is a short sale, foreclosure, for sale by owner, a new home subdivision or just a regular resale. It does not matter! A real estate agent can help you in several ways: This is important for a few reasons:
Home Buying Tips
- When home buying you need to know what the top of your price range is. This will help to prevent you from looking at homes that you may not be able to qualify for the loan.
- When buying your first home some people are curious if there is a grant for buying a home. There are some home buying down payment programs that your lender can share with you.
- You need to know what you qualify for when home buying before you go look at that first home. If you cannot qualify now, your lender can offer advice to help you qualify at a later date.
- Once armed with a pre-approval letter, you have power when it comes time to negotiate that offer.
- Your Realtor can help you locate your next home by having access to the most up to date inventory.
- After you find your home, your Realtor can help you determine a good offer to submit. Your real estate agent does this by evaluating the market and surrounding area utilizing many years of experience in real estate.
- Your agent will use their negotiation skills to get you the best deal possible when you are buying a home.
- Once your offer is accepted, there are a whole list of tasks that will need completing. Your real estate agent can help coordinate these tasks to help get you to the closing table on time.
A Real Estate Agent Can
- Help coordinate your home inspection;
- Prepare amendments and negotiate on your behalf if any needed repairs.
- Act as liaison between the lender, closing attorney and you to make sure the title is clear
- Help to locate competitive Home Owner’s Insurance policy
- Track the loan process to insure the appraisal is ordered and file is with the underwriter.
- Schedule the closing with the closing attorney;
- Arrange for your final walk-through, and this is a short list!
When shopping for mortgage loans our team of local financing experts are ready to guide you through the home buying process. The trained and certified loan originators that we use specialize in financing homes in the Greater Atlanta area real estate market. We are prepared to find the right loan program with competitive rates and low down payments for you.
Home Mortgage Loans, How to Choose a Mortgage Lender
Home mortgage loans, how to choose mortgage lenders when home buying. They vary as much as home interest rates. Are all home loans and mortgage lenders equal? So when it is time to pursue a home loan? When home buying, do some homework to reduce your stress. Do you want to reduce your stress? Choose to work with a knowledgeable mortgage lender who understands your needs.
When shopping for home loans it is vital in choosing the right Bank or Mortgage lenders.
Home Mortgage Loans and Mortgage Lenders, How Do You Choose!
- When shopping for a mortgage loan ask your real estate agent if they can recommend any lenders.
- What not to do, settle for Aunt Betty’s friend who just recently got into the business. When shopping for top mortgage lenders do a little research and ask around.
- Check to see that the Home Mortgage Lender is in State.
- Make sure the lender specializes in the home loans that best suits your situation.
- Most of the time, Direct Lenders offer a wider range of home loans than those offered by Banks.
- Do not only base your decision on the lowest interest rate; examine the fees that he or she will charge. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau makes sure the banks and lenders treat you right. For instance, the consumer will receive a loan estimate outlining all charges in advance.
- Shop around for competitive interest rates and fees from various home mortgage lenders.
Loans and Mortgages, Your Real Estate Professional Knows!
Real estate agents talk and share information about mortgage lenders and banks. They know which lenders and banks offer the best home mortgage loans and interest rates. Speaking with home mortgage lenders is free with no obligation. They are good resources on home loans and will be able to answer many questions that you may have. Some of the questions could be, how much of a loan do you qualify for? Which home mortgages may be best suited for your situation? How much money you will need to close? What is the interest rate are and what will your payment be?
Once armed with this information, you and your real estate agent are ready to look at homes in your price point. Before beginning the home buying search I encourage all my clients to speak with a lender first. When submitting an offer to buy a home the pre-qualification letter from your lender gives you power and influence. Most sellers will not accept an offer without a pre-qualification letter!